I read the article, Obama, Assembling Team, Turns to the Economy, by Jeff Zeleny and Jackie Calmes. Even though this article was a lot for me to take in, I learned excellent information about what “happened” at the election. Barack Obama won, as you know, but he won for many different reasons. As the article stated from the very beginning of the campaign it was going to be a close call between the 2 candidates. Obama knew that the “global economy was on a knife’s edge, job losses, and foreclosures”, but Obama was looking for a way to manage it from the very beginning. The results of the election weren’t as close as I thought it would be, but the final result would change our nation forever. In many states they were at a tie for their presidential candidate.
This can relate to me for some reasons that may not be so obvious. I know that are nation is in a financial crisis right now, but I believe Obama will have a hard time (it may take him a while), but in the end he can/will fix it; that is why is our president. I agree that the results are different from the 2004 election with the Electoral College. For example Obama got many of the states that Bush had in the previous election. This election will become very important in later history because it’s our first African-American president. Obama will have a challenging time in office, but I think he will fix and make new issues. I already can see that he has overcome many challenges in working for the campaign, but he will become a superior president and fight for our nation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment