Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dumb movie?

I chose this article about the House Bunny on http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/21/the-house-bunny-no-so-dumb/ for a few reasons. The article did mention that the movie was dumb and a chick flick. Anna Faris plays the main character, Shelley. You are probably asking, “Why did I choose this article?” Well the answer to that is I saw the movie and it was funny, but I felt dumber as the movie was going on. I’m not saying I’m not smart and don’t use my brain, but I’m unique in my on way. For example, I’m assuming that I am the only person who chose this article. Also, people sometimes ask me if I dyed my hair brown and was really a blonde. The answer to that is no. Every color of hair has the ability to be smart.
Anyways, my life relates to The House Bunny because Anna Faris gets kicked out of the mansion she lives in and doesn’t have anywhere to go. Eventually, she finds a sorority with a group of girls who are very “un-cool.” Anna Faris helps them out by making them become well-liked and popular. This relates to me by I have a lot of friends and I’m willing to help them when they need it, I’ll do anything! The groups of girls are very unique and individualistic. My friends and I are all different and like and dislike different things. While I was reading, I thought about a short story I just read, The Necklace. In the story it described what a person in the lower class envies and wants a lot of material things. Well, in the House Bunny Anna Faris loves material things and thinks that’s what life’s about. Well the group of girls she has to be a house mother to make her realize that everyone dresses different and it doesn’t matter what you look like people should like you for what you are.

No comments: